Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easy Sunday Meal

I hate to fuss in the kitchen on Sunday so I usually try to do something really simple that I can just quickly throw together and then into the oven.  Today  it is Herbed Chicken and Vegetables.  Naturally, I adapted it somewhat;  replacing the potatoes with cauliflower due to my diet restrictions.  I also substituted fresh rosemary and thyme for the ground herbs.  That's one of the joys of having an herb garden.  (Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE my herb garden?  LOL)  Oh, since I didn't have a whole chicken  I just used thighs.  Ya have to be flexible.
       Bill and I both really enjoyed this meal.  It isn't an "Oh, my gosh, this is the best thing I've ever eaten!" type dish, but the chicken and the veggies are really very flavorful.  The herbs aren't over-powering but just give a subtle background flavor.  I was really impressed at how well cauliflower filled in for potatoes.  I never met a potato I didn't love so I was worried I would really miss it in this dish, but, the cauliflower was delish and satisfying.  Serve it with butter or thicken the juice into a sauce.  I will probably  try that next time- when I am allowed a little starch.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I definitely should have invited myself to dinner. I LOVE cauliflower. YUM.

    ReplyDelete