I've been wanting to try this recipe for awhile now. It appeals to me because it has just a few ingredients that I usually have on hand and doesn't require a lot of pre-planning like most marinades. (I love meals I can throw together quickly because I'm really not the organized type.) And, I get to use fresh herbs from my garden! I love that! Sure do hope this turns out to be a keeper. :)
25 min | 5 min prep
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise [I used 1/4 c mayonnaise and 1/4 c water]
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves [I used 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped]
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves [I used 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme]
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lb.)[I used thighs]
- Stir together all the herbs, mayo, and lemon juice. Brush on the chicken.
- Light your grill about 20 minutes before grilling the chicken. Allow the chicken to soak up the first brushing.
- Place on the grill and cook until done, continuing to brush the mixture on the chicken until done.
© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
Verdict: Bill and I both really enjoyed this chicken. It had a very subtle, almost delicate, flavor of lemon and herbs and was very moist. I think maybe next time I might use more of the fresh herbs to heighten the flavor a little bit. And, just for fun, I'll probably add a little lemon zest.